Full Time Tax/Accounting Manager (CPA)
Tax/Accounting Manager (CPA)
Virtual accounting firm based in New Jersey is seeking a Remote-Tax/Accounting Manager to join our team.
We are a virtual accounting firm that provides expert tax, accounting, and consulting services to empower women entrepreneurs and small businesses that are founded on commitment and purpose. We also work mostly with professional services companies, such as physicians, attorneys, marketing agencies, consulting firms, landscapers, gyms, and real estate rentals.
Our team has a passion for client service. We pride ourselves on creating a great work culture. Everyone is hands on and willing to help. We have worked hard on our systems and established our niche–which has made us stand out.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients to discuss tax returns and financials
- Review tax returns/accounting
- Analyze financials and consult with clients
- Manage team and client issues
- Attend daily morning team meetings
What You’ll Bring:
- 7+ years of public accounting experience. With at least 2 of those years being the main contact for clients
- Previous management experience – both in terms of the tax process and managing staff, reviewing and correcting their work
- Experience with the following is a plus: UltraTax, Karbon, SmartVault, Practice Ignition, Track 1099, Xero, Gusto, QBO, Outlook and Google Drive
- Strong technical skills with the ability to break things down simply for clients to understand.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Focused with a strong sense of urgency in order to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude who is flexible or willing to help at a lower role when needed.
- A self-starter with excellent leadership skills and the ability to handle multiple types of clients and engagements.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work during normal business hours EST and from January 15th to April 15th- 45 to 55 hours per week. 32 hours per week in Summer months.
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Competitive compensation
- Discretionary year-end bonuses along with merit-based tax season bonuses.
- 401k match
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Paid continuing education
- Work from home
- We like to incorporate fun, volunteering and group events. Our team meets a few times a year, for in-person activities and gatherings. We also conduct virtual activities.
Upshot: We have great word of mouth and loyal clients which allow us to establish trust and great relationships. If you would like to join our hard-working, motivated team and have the experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you!
Send the below items to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current resume
- Provide LinkedIn profile, if applicable
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.